www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Diet Journal

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fresh Start

Sometimes, it takes looking at yourself in a full length mirror without any blinders on to realize whats needed. Sometimes, it takes seeing yourself in a window. Sometimes, its all of the above.

I saw myself in a window at work the other day and didnt recognize myself. I am guessing I have always had some shred of self-confidence because I never really look in a mirror and think "Ewww, I look disgusting!" Thats a good thing. But the other day, I looked into that window and didnt see Chelsey. I saw a 255 lb lady that looks like she let herself go. She looked like she was unhappy, she didnt take the time for herself anymore (not due to baby, but because she didn't feel like it matters at her size). She looked big, as in fat.

When I realized that this is how people see me, I refused to look into that window again for the rest of the night. I was ashamed of myself. I have never felt that way.

I know I have said it before, but I need to change and this is it. I plan to take weekly photos of myself to mark my progress as well as updating my ticker **points above** to show you and myself how far I've gone!

Heres the goal:

Lose 2 lbs a week
Lose 50lbs by my son's first birthday (October 27th, 2010)

I have done the "math" and it works out that if I lose the weight this way, I should be done right before his birthday, about 2 weeks before. This should be right in time to get his first birthday pictures done, which will also be our first family professional pictures. If thats not reason enough, I dont know what is!!

I leave you with my starting pictures...yuck!


4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I just stumbled on your blog and find myself in a very similiar situation! I hate when I catch myself in a window, especially when I am feeling cute, and then I realize, not cute just fat! I am attempting my first 5k in 3 weeks, at 225 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your 5K! I would love to be able to do something like that soon enough :) For now, my goal is to take my son for a walk every night

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made several good steps toward achieving your goal. Stick with it and you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hit rock bottom after seeing some pics of me at 257!! I know you can do it!! We have all been there, the strong get through it and you are one tough cookie!!

    ReplyDelete