www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Diet Journal

Friday, February 26, 2010

Why do I think Monday is always a good day to start healthy living?

Monday is not my day. Maybe I should start on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday even? But, definitely not Monday. Monday is the day I go back to work. Monday is the day when traffic decides to be its thickest and I just want to drive into Thorton's and get a donut and a diet coke. Monday sucks to start a diet. Yet, I still decide that Monday is best. Who knows, maybe I am really into self-sabotage. I think thats it. But really, I am starting my diet on Sunday this week. No more excuses, really this time (Thats to you Travis!). I figure Sunday is the best day. I meal plan on Sunday and do the grocery list. I work Sunday, but it is always awesomely slow so I feel less stressed after the weekend. Amazing Race comes on Sunday which makes it the best possible day ever :) Also, Sunday is not Monday, which may be the best reason of it all!

Now, watch for a new post Monday, because it will get in there. I am sick right now, or I would start today. I spent yesterday thinking to myself how the guests of my hotel must think of me when they look at me. I felt so self conscious all day long, and guys, thats just not me. I am a confident person. I hit a age in college where I could really care less what people think about me. It was liberating, yet, those feelings creep back to me on certain days, and yesterday was one of them. I know that I am the only person who can make those feelings go away. So, yeah, Sunday, those feelings get squashed. No longer do I feel inadequate because of my weight. I will soon love myself again :)


Oh, and this was me at my thinnest...this is my goal. Don't mind the total young, self-portrait...I may never be this young again (23) but I can feel this young! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey there - how are you making out? Are you feeling better? I chose Monday as my start day too. Crazy, isn't it? Hope all is well and you're sticking to your plan. It is tough - there are many out there in the same position (*me*) ... today is a new start for me after regaining all of the weight lost (prior to baby #3) ... good luck ... toodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey - I'm baaack. How are you making out? I've started and I'm doing well on my plan ... losing which is better than gaining, right? toodles!

    ReplyDelete